Quilt Show 2013
Quilts for Wounded Warriors
Articles of Incorporation
Support SBQG with Amazon orders!
Welcome to SBQG!
The South Bay Quilters Guild is a non-profit organization created for
educational and charitable purposes. Our objective is to further quilting
excellence in the South Bay area of Southern California through educational
meetings, travel, and friendship, and, at least once each year, to
promote quilting in a philanthropic endeavor.
We offer a diverse program of lectures and workshops. The list below highlights some of
our Guild activities, and the links in the left column will provide additional detail.
Activities are open to members and non-members. Please join us!
- Community Services: Everyone is welcome to join in piecing comfort quilts. Meeting times
and locations vary.
- Fashion Show: Our show is held annually. Attendees enjoy a guest speaker, catered luncheon, and
garments made and modeled by members.
- June Potluck and December Holiday Dinner: In June we sample main dishes, salads & sides, and desserts
brought by members, while in December we enjoy a catered dinner. After the meal and business meeting,
we socialize while working on Community Service projects.
- Library: Our library has a large collection of books, magazines, and DVDs available to check out at
Guild meetings. There is also a monthly book drawing, with donations used to purchase library books.
- Meetings: Our general meetings are at 7pm on the third Tuesday of the month,
while our Board meetings are on the first Tuesday of the month. Guild members are welcome
to attend Board meetings.
- Membership: Dues are paid at or before the September general meeting. A social
activity is scheduled in the Spring to welcome new members.
- Quilt Show: Our show is held annually on the third weekend of February.
Member quilts and garments are displayed in the show. Members make the
opportunity quilt and sell tickets for it, and also donate auction quilts. All members are
expected to work in some capacity at the show, in addition to assisting with show preparation.
- Workshops: Classes are usually held on the Wednesday following the Guild meetings
and are generally taught by the speaker of the month. Payment is required to hold reservations.